Thursday, December 17, 2009

Never Been Forgotten

Summer 1995, my family and I were in Exeter, UK. Though I was 11 at that time but I still remember how hot the weather was. One day I took my 8 years old sister & my 6 years old brother in a walk in the neighborhood. Before doing so we asked my mother for some cash so we can buy some candies from the grocery store. Sadly no cash were given (can’t remember why) but we went without having money. On our way was a nice store which we entered & of course got out without buying any thing. After we got out from the store I was surprised to see my sister eating “kinder surprise” !! I shouted, from where did you get this? From the store shelf she said. I thought if she could do this, I could do it too but with little more. Believe it or not we went back to the store and I got some chocolates & kids small fireworks. The store manager noticed us but he let us go with a plan on his mined. An hour later we were back at home along with my father who left his university for unknown reason. It is not unknow now, he left just to punish us. Thank you dad, it was my first time & my last time to steal.

I still remember the time I saw the movie “The Gladiator” in 2000, I got out from the movie theater and I went to Westlake Center on 4th Ave Pine St, downtown Seattle where I took my strawberry milkshake from starbucks. Then I ran to the bus station as it was raining & getting late. What makes me remember this is the movie & how great it was. Also the weather was good or let's say seems to be good.

The first time I saw Leonardo Dicaprio movie “The Man in the Iron Mask” was in 1999 when I was a high school student. It was Friday & I was home a lone watching this great movie. On that day I was bored so I went to Choithram supermarket in Jumeirah where they have a video store. I was confused, don’t know what to rent after I finished all the James bounds. I used the store phone to call a friend of mine, maybe he will be free, we could get together but he was busy and he recommended this movie. I rented the “The Man in the Iron Mask” VHS tape (no DVD at that time) & went back to home. Ironically the friend who recommended “The Man in the Iron Mask” movie did not see it till recently when I insisted that he should evaluate his own recommendation.

My first job interview, Dubai Customs. After I graduated from the university there was a requirement agency that contacted our college administration and got our contact information. I received a call from this requirement agency, they asked for my CV. What to lose there will be no charges at all so I gave them my CV. Almost two weeks later they scheduled an interview for me with the IT department in Dubai Customs. At that time I did not want to work, I was planning to get a master degree first. Even though I did not wanted this interview I felt like it was the time to test myself & break the fear of the first job interview ever. And there I was, at 9 am sharp I entered the HR department at Dubai Customs HQ. Five minutes later they took me to the meeting room where I waited for an extra 5 minutes. The interview started with two from the HR department & one from the taxation section-IT department. I did a great interview with showoffs but knowing that I had no interest in this job gave me the courage to say whatever I think of this offer. I stood up & said, “This kind of offers is devastating”. Everyone were in shock, the HR secretary called me twice that week to check if I changed my mind. They really needed hire someone it was Dubai peak point.